Here are some guidelines to follow when packing for your time at The Oaks
All personal items will be subject to search by agency staff at admission, randomly, and following passes from therapeutic off-campus outings.
- A valid photo ID (government issued ID, driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- A valid credit card for medical copayments, prescriptions and any other ancillary expenses
- Your current health insurance and pharmacy benefit cards; prescriptions and any diagnostic lab work may be billed directly
- Your current medications in their original prescribed/labeled containers. Also bring any over-the-counter medications you may be taking
- Any medical equipment needed (cane, wheelchair, CPAP, nebulizer, etc.)
- Any relevant medical records from current or previous treatments
- Contact information for personal physician, psychiatrist, psychologist, therapist, personal contacts and emergency contacts
- There are distinct seasons in Memphis; please pack with this in mind
- Plan for indoor and outdoor activities
- Recommended clothing includes: casual slacks, jeans, shorts, sweatshirts, t-shirts, sweaters, outerwear (including a jacket or coat/rain coat), underwear, socks, comfortable athletic shoes, loafers and/ or sandals. These will vary depending on season.
- All patients must wear nightwear to bed.
- Personal hygiene products including hair dryer and curling irons are welcome, toothbrush, toothpaste, bath
soap, shampoo/conditioner and deodorant.
- Address book with phone numbers and/or addresses.
- Hard or soft cover books are permitted and are used only during designated times.
- If you smoke, bring enough cigarettes for 35 days.
- Cell phones, iPods, iPads, CD/DVD players, video games, cameras, PDAs and/or computers/laptops.
- Weapons of any kind.
- Alcohol, illicit drugs, energy bars/drinks.
- Mouthwash, perfume or other personal care items that contain alcohol.
- Magazines or newspapers that contain pornographic or other inappropriate material.
- Clothing that is revealing or with alcohol, sexual, derogatory or drug messages/logos.
- There is NO need to bring cash. All meals and other necessities are provided to you by The Oaks.